These options offer a quick and satisfying way to enjoy a wholesome midday meal without sacrificing flavour or nutrition. And when we do recognize remote employees, it can be underwhelming. A “nice job” Slack https://remotemode.net/blog/ message doesn’t feel as fulfilling as a handshake from the boss in front of the whole team. Thanks to advances in digital learning, it’s easy to deliver robust learning experiences to remote employees.
It’s brimming with plant-based protein sources including black beans, quinoa, edamame beans and tahini — and will be on the table in just 10 minutes. We’re giving the humble beans on toast a makeover with this hearty homemade version. This recipe https://remotemode.net/ wins hands down when it comes to flavour, texture and simplicity — a great brunch, lunch or weeknight dinner. This avocado & mushrooms on toast is a great, simple breakfast to make on mornings where you fancy something a little special.
Then enjoy your food over zoom and chat as if you were eating in person. The cooking class can act as an ice breaker, and eating the same meal will help you feel as though you are at a dinner party. Tell your three stories and have everyone guess which one is a lie. Just be sure to let everyone know you are playing this a few hours in advance so they can prepare their stories. Icebreaker games are a fun, engaging way to introduce two teams together virtually or a new team member to the group.
Importantly, they also feel like they’re part of a real team, not an atomized individual plugging away on a to-do list all alone. According to Gallup, the most engaged teams are 23 percent more profitable and 18 percent more productive than their least engaged counterparts. They also experience 81 percent less absenteeism and 64 percent fewer safety incidents. You can always have them on hand—you may want to disburse them every month or issue them on special occasions. It’s a great gift for your employees who are working from both the office and home. Since everyone on your team is remote, it can be hard to overcome the feeling that you’re all far away from one another.
The future of work is virtual
Virtual lunches promote team bonding and strengthen relationships by providing a designated time for informal interaction. They create opportunities for casual conversations, sharing personal experiences, and building trust. Virtual luncheons take virtual lunches to the next level by incorporating specific themes, activities, or guest speakers. These structured events can revolve around team-building exercises, training sessions, or wellness activities. Virtual luncheons provide a break from the routine and offer opportunities for learning, personal development, and team cohesion. Like the traditional in-person version, virtual lunch and learns are all about getting your team together to share a (company-provided) bite to eat and take part in a focused and informative session.
- While the flexibility and comfort of working from home are undeniable, it also presents unique situations, especially when it comes to midday meals.
- Whip up this satisfying, budget-friendly peanut noodle dish for a quick and easy midweek meal.
- It’s also worth noting that remote employees can choose where they work best — whether that’s a noisy coffee shop, a collaborative coworking space, or the utter silence of a home office.
- To help you cut through the noise, we sourced what we believe to be the best blogs about remote working.
- As the beeping of the microwave and the smell of reheated leftovers fill the air, you are reminded that it’s now time to take your own lunch break.
- Instead of trying to guess how to engage employees in a remote environment, set aside time to ask during regular check-ins.